Big fat snowflakes are falling. They have blanketed the already icy roads and the city is slowing down. 15 cm of snow has already fallen and and more is forecasted. I'm not sure if they have ever seen this much snow here. They are certainly not prepared for it. No winter tires. No sanding trucks.
We have witnessed more cars getting stuck then we can count, a few near misses with poles and other cars and a lot of people wiping out while walking on these slick roads. People are carrying their umbrellas in the snow (which I guess actually does make sense but seems a little unnecessary). Snow ball fights are breaking out everywhere. Snowmen are popping up on street corners.
It couldn't be more beautiful. I think you really appreciate snow when you know you possibly might not get any.
We are loving it.
Except for the fact that it has caused a few problems with our planned trip into Paris. We have postponed twice already. Trains have not been running regularly and because we do not have snow tires, driving is not a good option. We were hoping to get there before Christmas to check out the market and all of the lights. Our days are numbered now as Christmas is quickly approaching and Billy has daily practices. So we will see what the next couple of days bring.
I have no beautiful snow photos. I left the camera behind as I feared it would get soaked. But here are a few I took indoors. Jake is sitting by the window and the snow outside was so bright I did not even need a flash.
These are the best! Jake looks so BIG! Did you have to comb his hair to stay like that, or does it do that naturally now?
ReplyDeleteYou are going to die when you see him in the spring. He is so big. Too bad you cannot just hop on a plane now. We miss you. His hair does that all on its own but the back is still sticking straight up. It is fuzzy and stick straight and there is no combing it down.
ReplyDeleteJake is sooo handsome! His eyes are so big and blue. You are so good with the camera too Linds!
ReplyDeleteThanks Marn! We hope we might see you soon. You will be in Europe before you know it.
ReplyDelete