8.12.10

oldies

Here are some old pictures that I never had time to post.  I forgot all about them until now.  It is strange to look back on these and see Jake at four months old.  I really need to scroll through our pictures more often.  

A happy family day in the park.  We walked to Parc Saint Pierre near the end of September and took a stroll around the man-made pond.  It was not huge but a nice change from the greenless city landscape we had been becoming accustom to.  Jacob enjoyed watched all of the ducks and swans and we all enjoyed the fresh air.

This park is on the edge of the Hortillonnages, or floating gardens, which is a huge section of land that was converted from marshes into gardens.  They primarily grow vegetables, many of which are sold at the Farmers Market on Saturday's.  These floating gardens are navigated by long flat bottom boats.  There are nearly 70 kilometers of waterways and canals that connect these gardens.  Really unique.




No comments:

Post a Comment