2.12.10

family tree

Sometimes I stumble across lovely things on Etsy.  A family tree.  What a wonderful way to display your  family lineage.

Finding these really got me thinking of my family and our roots.  I'm not even sure how far back I can trace my family, but family tree or not, it is something I should really make record of while I still can.  Not only for myself but for my children and children's children.  Put it into writing in some form or another, or preserve it in one of these lovely prints.   

An elegant and more traditional family tree



Or, a slightly more modern family tree



Elegant or modern.  Neither really matters, all that does matter is that you take the time to preserve a little piece of your history.

Photos courtesy of TheStakerStore and GenuinelyYours

1 comment:

  1. oooooo i just love that idea! I want to sit down with all my grandparents and ask about their lives and that of our relatives and maybe make a little biography for Jayna so she can read about her family when she gets older, but this would be a great idea as well! So pretty

    ReplyDelete