14.12.10

lille

Yesterday we went on a little day-trip to Lille, France.  Just an hour and a half North of us.   Although Lille is much larger then Amiens their Christmas market was surprisingly a lot smaller.   Nevertheless, the city was completely decked out for the season with lights, music and a stunning 18 meter high Christmas Tree. 

We enjoyed walking around the market and snacked on waffles and croustillions while watching the huge 50 meter high Ferris wheel turn.

Jacob was a happy traveler, playing and sleeping in the car and laughing and babbling while walking around the city.   

The final highlight of the day was a humongous book store (rumored to be the largest in Europe, although I haven't verified that) with a very large English section.  Billy and I both came home with a book so I couldn't be happier. 




   Gingerbread in every shape and from imaginable.



Croustillions.  Similar to a fair doughnut covered in sugar.  And every bit as tasty as they sound.


Our happy baby, bundled up warm and enjoying his tasty mittens.  He was probably wishing he was old enough to have some gingerbread.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day!!
    I also think you should consider a little business in photography ... you are great at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! We did have a really fun day but it was not nearly as nice as a German Christmas market. I wish we had spent more time exploring them when we were so much closer to Germany. And spend some more time with the Stephens too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linds Jake is so sweet. Makes me just want to go out and snuggle babies;) It won't be much longer before you have to share everything you eat and you'll find yourself getting up in the middle of the night just to eat a chocolate bar in peace. Oh that's me. lol

    ReplyDelete