9.12.10

busy city

The marché de Noël is drawing a lot of people here and Christmas shoppers are out in force.  The city is bustling.  It is all very festive, minus the lack of snow.  But it is hard to believe that last year at this time we were nestled in a tiny mountain village in the heart of the Italian Alps.  So beautiful.    
The quiet of last year is now a distant memory as this city hums around us here.  There were plenty of things last year that I vented about (like is it really necessary to close the grocery store from noon until four everyday? Does our entire apartment need to be paneled in wood? ...) but it was never over anything important.  Just the work of pregnancy hormones really.  I carry with me very fond memories of our time in Italy, the friendships we made and those majestic mountains. 

It really was a bit of a winter wonderland there and I find myself thinking of it often now that the Christmas season is upon us.

 Here is a little look back. 




No comments:

Post a Comment