Although we have lived in our place for two summers now, we have yet to finish decorating. When we moved, we didn't have enough furniture to fill it and then once we started looking I just couldn't make my mind up on anything (this really shattered my belief that deep-down I was an amazing interior decorator. Apparently, I'm not. And I'm still rather disappointed about it). As you can imagine, this did drive Billy crazy.
This Summer we are finally going to get most of it done. I know, I said the same thing last year! But as it turns out, having a baby makes you completely forget you have no kitchen table. Seriously.
Anyways, all this brings me to the chalkboard wall. I'm thinking about one right off of our kitchen. Yikes! I think you have to be a bit brave to do this and I'm not sure how brave I really am. Don't get me wrong, I think this is the coolest thing and super fun, but am not completely certain about it yet.
I love the black but is it too dark? Are they really messy? Can it be easily removed? As you can see, I still have some thinking to do on it. Does anyone have a blackboard wall or know someone who does? What's the verdict?
Note: I am happy to say, we did eventually find a kitchen table. By the time we decided on it, had it made and moved it in we were able to enjoy it for two whole weeks before packing-up for Europe, but we are still really happy about it. It is patiently awaiting our return home (as are we).
Images via houzz.com, marthastewart.com and remodelista.com



Linds, I always regreted not doing a chalk board wall for Colt. I hummed and hawed for so long he grew up. I don't think they are too hard to paint over when the time comes. XX, H
ReplyDeleteOf course I Love the idea.
ReplyDeleteI'm planning on one too...eventually.
My mom just did it in her kitchen and she did the magnetic one. It looks awesome but you need many coats for the magnets to stick well. Something to think about if you're doing it yourself (or Billy's doing it).
Jayme and Mark just did it in their basement and the boys LOVE it. I say it's a no-brainer...go for it!
I LOVE chalkboard walls! My aunt (she is an amazing interior decorator) has a small one in her house. She is also a neat freak, so i doubt it is that messy. Also, your kitchen table is beautiful. I want one just like it when I grow up. haha.
ReplyDeletehaha! I love you Marn! Do it Linds!! Jake will love it, and I will love it too.
ReplyDeleteCool idea Linds. Jake will love it and it would keep him busy while you cook.
ReplyDeleteSounds like we can't go wrong with a chalkboard wall! I really appreciate all of the great advice from everyone. So helpful!
ReplyDelete