When Billy or I have a cold, I make homemade chicken noodle soup so I thought I would try to make a bland chicken-no-noodle-soup-for-babies-with-colds version. It likely wont cure the cold, but it was well received by Jacob.
Note: You can be pretty flexible with the quantities below. I just made this recipe up, so I guesstimated on the amounts that I used. It should be a little thinner than your average baby food (which is a good thing because the chicken broth is suppose to be beneficial for colds) and won't look anything like your traditional chicken noodle (duh, it's blended. But I just wanted to give fair warning).
You will need:
1/3 chicken breast
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
water
……………………………………..
In a medium saucepan add chicken, carrots, celery, onion and about 1/2 inch of water. Just enough to cover the bottom of the pan but not enough to submerge the vegetables.
Bring to a simmer and cover until chicken is cooked though and carrots and celery are soft. Blend along with all juices left over in the pan.
Serve along with lots of hugs and baby-snuggle time.
are the sniffles any better? both t and w have the noses in full effect too now! first colds of the year in january...not too bad for any of them really.
ReplyDeleteOh man, we are on our second sleepless night but I am hoping the worst of it is over. Sending hugs to t and w!
ReplyDelete