My knowledge of French cheese is basically zero, but one trip to the grocery store here and you will notice it's kind of a big deal. The regular cheese isle here could rival a specialty shop back home. Which is why it is really, really bad of me to keep buying Gouda cheese - for everything *
To remedy this we decided to try something French. We didn't really make a daring choice but decided on a soft, creamy Camembert from the Normandy region; it was lovely. I baked it with maple syrup and walnuts, which is likely not a very French thing to do at all, but a good start.
Earlier this season, I consulted a friend who knows whats what when it comes to things like French cheese and have a few suggestions in mind for my next trip down the cheese isle. I haven't heard of a single type of cheese on the list she gave me so, rest assured, our next selection will be more authentic.
* In my defense, you really cannot go wrong with Gouda.
Yay! You have so many delicious cheese adventures ahead! The camembert with maple syrup and walnuts looks divine, I wish I had some right now. Hope your little pumpkin is getting over his cold....
ReplyDeleteLinds, Thanks for all of the suggestions! I will let you know how our "cheese adventure" goes.
ReplyDelete