24.3.12

musée de l'orangerie

A day spent in Paris is just about one of my favourite things.  
So we put in on our to-do-before-leaving-for-home list and my very sweet husband (who could really care less about spending yet another day in Paris) whisked-us away on the train.  We crammed a lot into one day.  And one of the many highlights was a visit to the 
Musée de l'Orangerie.  


I have been wanting to see Monet's water-lily or Nymphéas paintings for a long, long while.  They are displayed as eight large paintings that wrap around two large oval rooms.  Really beautiful. 



     
It was the perfect museums for a toddler.  
No queues, no daunting crowds and small enough to walk through without sweet toddler losing interest.  

They have a lovely collection of art and in amongst works from Picasso, Cezanne, Gauguin...
they also had some b e a u t i f u l pieces from Renoir. 



More on our day in Paris to come...

4 comments:

  1. There are no words! Some of the most beautiful paintings of all time. I had the chance to go there in May and it was quite busy! Im glad it was less busy for you guys! ps. Jake looks so cute cruising the gallery in his adorable sweater! He fits right in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful! I snuck in a few pictures, no flash of course, even though I wasn't suppose to. I wish I could have taken dozens more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing, Linds!! And Jake does fit right in, so adorable in his outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dreeeamy!! (and even the frames too!) i hope your travel day was easy peezy. i'm feeling emotional for you!!!

    ReplyDelete