10.3.12

a few funny things

Amiens has a mascot!  I cannot for the life of me figure out who thought this was a good mascot, but I guess when your team is named after a Gothic cathedral, your options are limited.  I think he's a little terrifying, but for some unknown reason, Jake likes this guy.  He is not perturbed by the red eyes, horns or spikes coming out of his wings.  He's constantly scanning the game for the mascot and repeats "mascot, mascot, mascot..." and "mascot high-five" a lot.  At tonight's game, after three high-fives the mascot gave Jake a kiss.   
  

Another funny thing about a lot of the fans here, is instead of wearing their jersey's, they drape it over their shoulders and tie it around the neck.  It has a very preppy vibe to it.  And as far as I can tell, the only purpose of doing so is so the jersey doesn't detract from their outfits.  This way, you can still wear your fancy blouse or your dress-shirt and blazer and prevents that strange and awkward combination of hockey jersey and dress shoes.  It's a completely normal thing to do around here and is equal parts hilarious and genius.  


Tonight is a big game.  
It could be the very last game of the season.
Aller Amiens!  On y va!!

Update:  A win for Amiens!  Billy was named the Man of the Match and we are so very proud of the entire team.  The arena was fuller and louder then I could have ever imagined.  It was full of cheers and chants and drums and horns.  Such a sight to see.  
Amiens 5 - Rouen 1 

3 comments:

  1. This is so funny! That mascot it a little creepy, but A for effort , haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh big game. good luck billy!!! and amiens!! we'll be rooting for you in italy!!! (we are thick in the jersey draping too. totally about the outfit.) hi jake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the cheers from Italy! And Marn, I give him an A too! He is always dancing around and giving hugs; people seem to love him so he's doing something right.

    ReplyDelete