Macron (pronounced macaroni without the i sound at the end). A melt-in-your-mouth confectionery that consists of a sweet buttercream or ganache filling sandwiched between delicate meringue-based cookies.
Basically my F A V O U R I T E thing about France.
They come in every flavour and colour - vanilla, caramel, cafe, strawberry, rose, pistachio, violet, lemon - and even some pretty unimaginable flavours - coca cola, pineapple, green tea, lavender. Please note that I have omitted a lot of flavors in this list. A lot. Aside from being the prettiest things you could possible eat, they are absolutely delicious.
I have a favourite macron place here called Nature de Cacao and they are conveniently located across the street from one of the grocery stores downtown. It is the tiniest, cutest shop imaginable. very modern looking, all purple and silver inside with a giant pastry case filled with macrons, chocolates, gelato and colourful eclairs and tarts. Every time we go I think of trying something new but juts cannot resist the macrons. Maybe next time.
Note: I would have taken a photo myself but Billy thinks it is a little embarrassing when I do things like take pictures of the food we are eating while we are sitting at the cafe or restaurant. The other alternative would be to take the macrons home and take a picture there, except I keep running into the same problem, they ALL get eaten before we make it home. I don't know how it keeps happening.
Photo courtesy of Tartlette

They look delicious Lindsey!! Do they ship to Germany ;)
ReplyDeleteamy and charlie and zoe should take a road trip JUST for the macarons (and maybe to kiss some baby boy cheeks). It would be SO worth it!
ReplyDeleteyum
I think a Binghamton Reunion would be fun. It would be adorable to see all the little ones play :)
ReplyDeleteI think you are right Amy, a Binghamton reunion would be so much fun! I am so sad that I have not met Zoe or Weston yet.
ReplyDelete