27.10.10

currently reading

Let The Great World Spin by Colum McCann 


McCann took the true story of a tightrope walker who walked high above New York City between the Twin Towers in 1974 and wove in intricate and diverse storylines that all intersect with this single event.
 
Verdict: Liked it a lot

For kids, The Man Who Walked Between the Towers by Mordicai Gerstein

A Caldecott Medal wining children's book that chronicles the same tightrope walk between the Twin Towers.  I haven't had a chance to read this one yet but will as soon as I get back home.  I love the idea of reading some non-fiction to children.

2 comments:

  1. linds! i'm reading this too. uncanny. i think it's beautifully written. sad, right, but i just keep reading so that says something about the author for sure. you have good taste in books. i still have the end left but somehow i've managed to get through this far with 2 kids under 2. proud. :-). there's always time in the day for a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was beautifully written too. Very impressive with two kids under two! Do you know what book you will read next?

    ReplyDelete