Up until now, I've never given too much thought to salted caramel. Then I went to Paris. Sat down at Breizh Cafe. And fell in love. Of course the French have known how delicious it is all along; they created it after all.
Briezh Cafe is practically perfect. They are tucked away in one of the cutest androssments, use all organic ingredients, the finest butter from Jean-yves Bordier, homemade jams and make famous crepes from Brittany. Their menu is a delight: savory and sweet buckwheat crêpes, an entire page devoted to ciders (which is what you traditionally drink with crepes in France) and teas
from Meriage Freres.
I skipped over the entire savory section on the menu and went straight to the sweet crêpes. Obviously. Among the sweet crêpes is their crêpe au caramel beurre sale, which is what Kaytie and I both ordered. They are topped with either chantilly, vanilla bean ice cream and/or fresh fruit. To die for. I really haven't stopped thinking about how good it was.
This is the only picture I took. The crêpe is hot, the ice cream starting to melt; clearly no time to fuss around with my camera for the perfect shot. And after just one bite, I didn't give my camera a second thought. All I was really thinking was, would it be gross if I ordered a second?! And I regret not doing so, just a little.
I am saving this Salted Caramel recipe for a day when we are back home and craving that delicious experience all over again.
This recipe for Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate sounds really lovely too.


This makes me laugh, I think we set records for eating our crepes so fast!
ReplyDelete