7.8.11

off the vine

Kait, Billy and I went to Gerhringer Brothers, Hester Creek and Inniskillin to pick up a few bottles of wine.  All are in Oliver, in what is referred to as the Golden Mile Bench.  We had a hard time narrowing it down to three but were happy with our choices.

Hester Creek has such an impressive tasting room and they offer the occasional cooking classes in what was the nicest kitchen I have EVER seen.  How much fun would that be!?  They also have a cute little patio where you can enjoy a bottle of wine with some cheese or picnic, and a restaurant that we hear makes some very authentic Italian pizza. 




 
Inniskillin was a much simpler tasting room but their Vidal was the nicest ice wine I have ever tasted.  The perfect dessert.




We came home with a few wines from each, mostly reds, and we are enjoying them before leaving for France. 

No comments:

Post a Comment