14.4.11

home

It feels so nice to be back home.  And thankfully getting here went much smoother then we anticipated.

The hardest part of the entire trip was checking-in at Charles de Gaulle.  There was not enough room in the line for us to bring the bags through, the ticket lady couldn't figure out how much to charge us in excess and had to refer us to a different area of the airport and then half the luggage had to be checked-in at the opposite end of the terminal.  She was probably a little overwhelmed by us.  I'm sure she was hoping she wouldn't get the family with five hockey bags, car seat, a dog and a baby, but she did.  Once that was all sorted, things went smoothly.

Our flights were pretty much on time and Jake did really well on all three plane rides.  He napped on each flight and even though his naps were a little shorter then normal we were just thrilled he napped at all.  He spent the rest of the time playing and making friends with the flight crew.   Billy and I didn't really sleep at all, which was completely exhausting, but it probably helped us a little with the jet-leg.    

Since arriving back home we have all been waking-up at six every morning and are busily unpacking and getting settled.

If my camera hadn't died during the trip I would have had a picture to post here.  I was super disappointed until Billy reminded me I could take another travel picture in a few month when we travel back.  Ugh!     

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy you are home and glad your trip went well. I hope we get to spend some time together this summer. Take care, H

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy you are all home and well,sure have been thinking of you and praying your trip home would be super great.Welcome home!!

    ReplyDelete