Yup, that's right, for breakfast. This is news to me too. I thought the French always had croissants for breakfast. But yesterday Billy told me it is really common to eat baguettes with jam and dip it into hot chocolate; and that they have this all the time for breakfast on road-trips. How could it possibly have taken him this long to mention this to me?!? So obviously I was dying to try it.
Except we had it for an afternoon snack instead.
I am just too much of a cereal girl.
It was a tasty combination.
I found that it worked best when I dipped the baguette into hot chocolate first, then jammed it. Meanwhile, Billy just slurped down his hot chocolate and ate the baguette with jam. Both delicious ways to enjoy a baguette.
Sure looks delicious;Lindsey ,Icould go for one myself!!
ReplyDeleteYum, I want to try!
ReplyDeleteAlice, I was so happy to see your comment! It is delicious, but not nearly as good as your cinnamon buns.
ReplyDeleteKait, we will have some when we get home. We can buy some Champagne and French cheese too and make a day of it!
ReplyDelete