3.11.10

first bites




We are almost at the six month mark now and have introduced solid foods.  Jacob has taken to rice cereal very easily and is starting to get the hang of things.  It is a lot to take in and hard to focus on just one thing.  Jake divides his time focusing on the food, the bib, the spoon and the bowl.  All of which are extremely fascinating.  This bib was such a huge hit that I had to put it on inside out  otherwise I could not get him to raise his head and take his eyes off the anchors (Marnie, it was so cute to watch, he absolutely loves this bib).

For some reason Billy is much better at feeding Jacob solids then I am.  He is extremely precise and patient.  There is a lot less mess involved when Dad is leading the feeding.  It is a nice together time for the two of them and nice to finally let Billy get in on some of the feeding action.  I have been monopolizing this for far too long. 

I have been looking forward to making Jake's baby food myself for ages now and have yams baking in the toaster oven as I type this. We have already slowly started to introduce avocado in the evenings and so far it has been a success.  Hopefully the same will hold true with the yam puree.  One thing is for sure, it will be messy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment