10.5.13

our birthday boy

Jake turns three!
And with it, is this happy/sad feeling.
(but mostly happy)


When we found out we were having a boy, I knew there would be cars and trucks and dirt and hockey.  I knew that he would be loved.  I knew that it would be magical.    

I didn't know he would say to me "I love you tremendously, mama", tell me my peach jeans are so beautiful or cuddle me on the couch with a pile of books.  

I didn't know one of his favourite foods would be sushi, that he would love golf, climbing, puzzles, pistachios or that he would have such a sensitive side.

We love this sweet boy, those shining blue eyes of his and his glowing smile.  We are so thankful to have this little guy in our lives.  He is clever, observant and so full of joy.    

One of my greatest accomplishment.  

Two was all about growth (almost four inches worth!), learning new things, testing limits and being sweet as pie.  Lets see what three brings.

PS.  Here is Jacob's first birthday post and his second too.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jake! May 3 be the best year yet! Hugs and Kisses! :)

    ReplyDelete