Confession: I thought I didn't like key lime pie,
so I never ever tried it.
Thankfully my cousin made one, I politely gave it a try and it turns out I was all wrong. They are so darn good! So after depriving myself of key lime pie for thirty years, I felt like I needed to play catch-up a little. Now if the need for dessert ever arises, the first thing I think of is key lime pie, obviously.
This is the recipe I've been using and I may never try another. I did however made a few little changes -- I made a little extra graham-cracker crust, used 5 medium egg yolks instead of 4 large ones and used regular limes instead of key limes and the taste was still great.
Now you just have to imagine this picture above, topped with generous amount of whipped cream because I forgot to take a picture before we ate it ;)
What a perfectly spring-y pie. Go ahead and make one. Now. Buy the pre-made graham crust if you must, I think it will be just as delicious.
What a perfectly spring-y pie. Go ahead and make one. Now. Buy the pre-made graham crust if you must, I think it will be just as delicious.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment