6.12.12

Franklin

Franklin is a new favourite in our household.  Favourite stories are nothing new but Jake is always eager to drop them off at the library each Wednesday and pick-up some new ones.  Well last week he asked is we could keep them.  All of them.  He wasn't quite ready to give them up just yet.    


Franklin Fibs is his top pick.  Aunty Brenda has to read it each and every time we go for coffee because out coffee shop has a worn-out copy.  And I love it too.  It's one of those books I think every child needs to own.  Not only is Franklin so sweet and captivating but this story teaches a lesson.  In this book he tells a little fib and has to deal with the consequences of his lie.  It is so well done that even Jake at two understood, for probably the first time, what a lie meant.           




We're requesting more from the Library for next week.  
I know Jake can't wait.    

No comments:

Post a Comment