We had fresh acorn squash from my grandma's garden and a friend passed along this recipe. It looked good but I didn't feel like going though all the trouble to stuff the squash (and, truth be told, I wasn't thrilled about the raisins either or the tofu).
So I made this instead.
It was so, so good.
We all ate it up! And I was more than a little disappointed there wasn't enough leftover for lunch the next day.
So, to the best of my memory, here is what I did
...
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and cubed into small bite sized pieces
Toss cubed squash in a little oil and roast at 400 degrees until tender. Approximately 20 minutes.
- 1 c. quinoa
Cook acording to package directions.
- 1 sm. onion, finely chopped
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 c. small mushrooms, quartered
Sauté in a small amount of butter and oil.
- 1 c. goat's feta (or regular), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. pine nuts
- pepper
- dried parsley
Gently toss the quinoa, squash, sautéed mushroom mixture together; add feta, pine nuts, pepper and dried parsley.
Yum!
.jpg)
Holy cow, this looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to try it and let me know what you think!
Delete