14.5.12

and now for cake

Birthday celebration, part two, took place with some family on Saturday evening.  We decided to keep it simple and had everyone over for burgers, barbecued shrimp skewers and grilled corn on the cob.  The main event was of course, the cake.



Four layers of rich, messy chocolate cake with chocolate icing and sprinkles galore.  I decided on making this one in hopes that it would make a huge mess.  No forks for Jake this time around.    




Jake was pleased with the entire ordeal.  
And a little mess was made.  


We finished off that humongous cake in no time.  
(My mom and I may have enjoyed a little piece for breakfast the following morning.  It was mother's day after all.)      

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! That's the biggest cake Linds!I bet it was good, I'm sad I missed out :( Jake looks adorable, per usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you Aunty Kait!

      Delete
    2. Aww, me too!! I will come in June after our sweet little girl comes :)

      Delete
  2. It was the most humongous cake one could imagine, and was just as good as it looked.

    ReplyDelete