6.11.11

pancakes and a vacation

Sunday is Billy's only day off.  It used to be a day of sleeping in and hot breakfasts but now it usually means Jake and I  snuggle-up on the couch reading books.  Billy still gets a little sleep in because he gets in so late from his Saturday night game.  So Sunday has basically turned into every other day.  I am obviously a big fan of snuggling-up with a book, even if it means we read the same book six times before a new one is subbed in.  But I also miss our warm family breakfast together.  So we decided to start making breakfast for lunch on Sunday's; I'm so excited.  

Today it's pancakes!  And really, because I'm the cook, it will probably be pancakes a lot.  I like to first butter mine and then drizzle honey on top.  I've ate them that way every since I was a kid.  Mmmm.  I'm also not opposed to fresh fruit and whipped cream.  How could you go wrong?!  


I always make this basic pancake recipe.  Do you have a pancake recipe that you just couldn't be without?  
I'd love to try something new.   

If you ever happen to be in Victoria, Willies Bakery is a must.  They have a pancake-of-the-day and it is a surprise each time.  There is no schedule.  You just show-up and find out what fantastic combination they dreamed-up for that particular day.  I was lucky enough to go when they were serving white chocolate and cashew pancakes.  Delicious.   
 
We also have a vacation coming-up.  Five days without hockey!  We are going to spend  a few days in Paris and relax together. 

Picture via pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Yumm!! Does Jake get to eat pancakes too? I like this recipe,
    http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes/2011/05/bruce-paltrows-world-famous-pancakes

    I will try Martha next weekend for sure! Have fun in Paris, xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for the link, those look good. Jake did have pancakes but he didn't even like them! I couldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete