Our Thanksgiving was full of family and sunshine and food galore.
My parents hosted and put on a huge feast. We filled the house with family (all the Wegers, Tucks and great-grandma too) and sat around, knee-to-knee and elbow-to-elbow, to enjoyed all the thanksgiving fixings.
Jake felt a little under the weather but was a real trooper about it. He spent the weekend in one of two places: uncharacteristically cuddled-up on the couch under a pile of blankets or playing outside.
Avery smiled a lot, played shy and gobbled up some delicious apple crisp.
We spent sometime at the park, strolled under golden-leafed trees and spotted dozen of Sockeyes' heading up river. A perfect fall family outing.
On the way to my parents house we quizzed Jake on what he was thankful for, he thought for a while and replied "I'm thankful for lots of people" and? "and thankful for picking cherries and trees and cars". Well done.
I'm thankful for lots of people too. I could write all day long about it, if I had all day long to write ;)
And I am particularly grateful for this little family of mine who fill my days and nights. I am thankful to wake-up to these faces and tuck them in a night. I am thankful for all the hugs and laughs and even the moments when they are driving me crazy. I am thankful for the richness of their love all the beautiful moments made with them.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment