8.4.13

rainy days with peter rabbit

Jacob received the happiest gift from a dear family friend (the kind that is so much a part of your family you still call him Uncle, even though you've been an adult for a long time now).  The first 12 Beatrix Potter books!  Perfect for snuggling-up with on these rainy days we've been having.


I imagine that not all almost-three-year-olds would be thrilled with these delicate, little, pastel-pictured books, but Jake is.  Absolutely thrilled.  He has a good attention span for lots of words and little details.  So we've been reading and reading and reading them (usually until I ask for a break).   


Jake was already familiar with Beatrix Potter; we put a few of her books on the iPad and he would patiently sit and listen to the read-aloud.  Now he can sit with the Tale of Squirrel Nutlkin and recite many of the lines.  And a cute result of all this Beatrix Potter loving, is he putters around the house mumbling things like "it gave a tremendous bobbit"  


He doesn't seem to have developed a favourite (yet) but I know that I am always sneaking The Tailor of Gloucester to the very bottom of the pile.    

  
Avery isn't much into books, but she does happen to like this one.  
She can only handle sitting though touch-and-feel books, so far.  
I wonder if she'll turn into a little reader like Jake, or not?!

1 comment:

  1. You know I adore this! And Avery will too--in due time!

    ReplyDelete