11.4.12

so lucky

We have been reading The New Baby by Mercer Mayer over and over and over...  Jake cannot get enough of it.  


I found it in a huge box of books my Mom passed along from her old teaching bins and forgot how endearing Little Critter is.  He's trying to figure out just what exactly can you do with a new baby and is disappointed she is not interested in his favourite toys, games and books.  In the end he finds some perfect baby friendly activities (which Jake has been practicing as we read)  



and shows his new sister to all of his friends



"so lucky" is the line of the book that Jake likes to "read" himself and then I catch him throughout the day saying "so lucky" "so lucky"...  It couldn't be any cuter.  We can only hope that he feels so lucky once the real baby arrives!    

4 comments:

  1. i adore this. the lucky bit is out of this world adorable. you should get him the "me and my mom" book on the ipad. little critter the techie version is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have EVERY Little Critter book from my Mom which is unbelievable. I figure I will pull out a new one each month. Great idea about the ipad version though, perfect for traveling! Jake would love it

      Delete
  2. jayna insists she wants a big sister... lol

    ReplyDelete